October 18, 2011

Hot Mama.

I have a cousin who is a hot mama.  However, being such a hot mama kind of takes up most of her time, and so she asked me for some fall shopping/fashion advice.  Well, technically, she asked all of Facebook for advice, but whatevs.


Admittedly, this is a little bit out of my comfort zone... I don't have a lot of experience with the demands of chasing three kids and running a household (J can attest to that last part, for sure), so I hope that these suggestions are helpful and not way off base.



I assume that with two boys under age 5, skirts and dresses are probably out.  I also tried to keep a budget in mind - the most expensive item is the coat, on sale for $150.  Skinny jeans tucked into boots are always a great option, but to mix it up choose a pair of flared jeans or cropped pants in a fun color.  I'd go with solid tops, and add oomph with an animal print scarf (really any kind of print will do) and easy but polished accessories like black studs and patent flats.  Instead of just sticking with a v-neck pullover sweater, look for different silhouettes like a bateau neck or a longer grandpa cardigan. (For that price, get one in a neutral and one in a bright.)  A silky button down is just as comfy as a long sleeve tee, and a boyfriend blazer is super versatile and easy to throw on when you need an extra layer.  (Obviously, I'm a fan.)  A classic pea coat in navy goes with everything - camel, gray, or olive green would be great choices too.


Ok mamas, speak up... did I do a good job?  Is this helpful/realistic?


PS - Today is the LAST DAY to enter the giveaway to win a pair of Robinson earrings!  Details can be found on this post, and it's super easy to enter.  Make sure you're signed up!  Entries close tonight at 11:59 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment