July 21, 2011

Mani Up.

I have a lot of nail polish y'all.  



I almost always do my toes myself, but I have never been able to master the art of painting my right hand with my left.  However, like most girls, a salon manicure only lasts about 24 hours before it starts to chip.  Lately I've been getting gel manicures, and I am hooked.  (I go here.)  It costs more, but I have no problem keeping my nails shiny and chip free for 3 weeks, so I think it's worth it.  I like dark colors on my nails in the winter, so I don't know if the gel will work as well for me then because you can see cuticle growth with the darker colors.  But for the warmer months, when I stick to pale pinks and neutrals, the gel mani is awesome. 


Another cool thing about it is that it only comes off with acetone polish remover.  That means that if you get bored of the color after a week, you can paint over it (with a darker color).  If you use non-acetone remover, that top layer will come right off again, and your original gel will still be in place.  


Right now I have OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender on my fingers, and to spice it up, I painted on Sephora's Only Gold For Me top coat.



On my feet, I'm more adventurous.  I absolutely love bright pink and orange polishes, and I think orange looks especially good against tanned toes.  My old faithful standby is OPI's Don't Socra-Tease Me.  But lately two Essie colors have been in heavy rotation, Red-y Set Ex and Braziliant.

(Note: Red-y Set Ex is more red than it appears in the picture.)

I want to know what your favorite colors are.  I tend to stick with Essie and OPI... do y'all have any other brands that you like?  Have you ever tried a gel manicure?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment