June 9, 2011

Work It Out.

I don't know about y'all, but when I have cute work out clothes, I'm more excited to go to the gym.  Crossfit is HARD, and I tend to get really sweaty, red faced, and just generally smelly and gross - so having fashionable exercise gear makes me feel like I retain a least a little dignity.


For shorts and tops, I'm partial to adidas gear, especially adidas by Stella McCartney.  I find that New Balance running shoes fit me best, but you should definitely go to a dedicated running store and get fitted for a pair that works best with your stride.   I like sports bras with a mesh front because it really helps with breatheability and wicking sweat so you don't get gross chest irritation.  And finally, there is no better gym bag than one from Luluemon - they have so many pockets, and they all come with really handy wet/dry pouches so you can keep your stinky clothes separate from your clean ones.  


Now that I've said all of this, I have to put an asterisk on it.  Except for the Luluemon bag (and the iPod) I would never pay full price for any of this gear.  TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Oops! (which are maybe just in SC?) all have extensive sections of athletic gear for super discounted prices.  Seriously y'all - even Target is too expensive.  Don't pay it.


No comments:

Post a Comment