June 20, 2011

Anthem.

Do you guys have a summer playlist?  I don't know what it is, but every summer I seem to get stuck on a few songs that I play on repeat for months.  Some of them are new songs, some have been around for a while; it's just whatever gets in my head - which means everything from rap to (kind of a lot of) real country.  This is kind of a random post, but hopefully y'all like it!  It's fun to switch it up every now and then, right?  (Just be careful, not all of these are work-friendly tunes... Kreayshawn, I'm looking at you.)


1. Sydney (I'll Come Running) - Brett Dennen.  If you follow me on Twitter, you're probably sick of hearing about this song (I know J is rolling his eyes so hard right now), but I'm just obsessed with it.  It makes me happy every time I hear it.  



2. Helena Beat - Foster The People.  I am the last one to know about Foster the People?  Their sound is not what I would usually be into, but for whatever reason, I'm really digging it right now.  Pumped Up Kicks is great, but I think this one is my fave.


3. Gucci Gucci - Kreayshawn.  I'm so glad this song is finally on iTunes.  It's so ridiculous and awesome.  "I got the swag and it's pumping out my oavaries."  


4.  Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Katy Perry.  I hate Lady Gaga, and I love Katy Perry.  There, I said it.



5. Turning Tables - Adele.  Rolling In The Deep is clearly awesome, but I'm getting pretty sick of it.  I've been listening one to this to get my Adele fix instead.



6.  El Camino - Amos Lee feat. Willie Nelson.  Two of my favorite artists.  Amos's latest CD is so great - it's full of summery chill songs, and a bunch of great collaborations.  I think this one with Willie Nelson is so beautiful.  Willie's voice gives me chills every time.



7. Harlem River Blues - Justin Townes Earle.  Gritty bluesy country from the super-talented son of Steve Earle.  This whole album is killer... it took me like 20 minutes to decide which song I wanted to include in this list.


8. Old Before Your Time - Ray LaMontagne.  This album has been on repeat at our house for quite a while now, and I don't think either of us is getting tired of it yet.  Ray is so, so good.



9. Hit Em Up Style - Carolina Chocolate Drops.  Possibly the most epic cover ever.  Between this and Cornbread and Butterbeans, I want to learn to play the fiddle.


10.  Magic - B.O.B. feat. Rivers Cuomo.  An oldie but a goodie in my book.  This song gets me so pumped on my runs.  I always put it on during the hilly part, and then I do a little Rocky fist pump dance when I get to the top.  Nerdy, I know, but it makes me feel good and like I want to dance, so I think it's perfect for summer.


Ok, so leave your summer songs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment