May 17, 2011

Seapost.

This past weekend, J and I went down to Pawleys Island for little beach time at his family's vacation house, Seapost.  It was a really fun, completely relaxing weekend, and I can't wait to go back again.


This is the outfit that I wore on Friday - I needed to be running around doing last minute errands before we left Columbia, and I wanted to be comfortable on the three hour car ride.  Plus, we ended up going to meet everyone for dinner before we even went to the house, so I was really glad that I hadn't just thrown on some sweatpants.





Skirt - TJ Maxx; Camisole - Banana Republic (old); Chambray shirt - J.Crew; Necklace - JewelMint; Sunnies - Marc Jacobs; Sandals - Target

While we were there, the moon was only a day or two away from being full, and it rose right off the house's main deck.  It was so bright on Sunday night, it was like daytime.


Now,let me just say a few things.  First, doing outfit pictures is something that I've wanted to do since the very beginning of Penny Loves Charlie.  In fact, it's the whole reason I started the blog, but then I got intimidated.  I'm not a size two.  I don't live in NYC or California, which is where all of the big bloggers seem to be.  I don't have a professional photographer husband to take my pictures - although I think J did a great job.  And because of the flood/bar/job situation, my clothing budget is pretty tiny.  But I finally decided that it's time to stop making excuses and get out of my own way.  So, I'm going to start slowly with one or two posts a week and see how it goes for a little while.  If y'all like it, please leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment