May 23, 2011

Day Date.

Yesterday I decided to take a page from Carrie Bradshaw's book and take myself on a date with my city.  First, I went to Columbia's art museum to see the new Rembrandt exhibit, which was AMAZING.  I am seriously impressed with the museum - in addition to the Rembrandts, it also has a gorgeous Chihuly chandelier, a collection of Tiffany stained glass, a Monet, and a Botticelli.  Pretty impressive for ol' South Carolina, huh?  Then, after the museum I went to Cupcake to get myself some red velvet goodness.  Yum, yum.


I was going to really dress up, but then I realized it was 96 degrees outside, so I opted for some casual shorts and a loose blouse instead.  I usually hate how I look in shorts, which is really inconvenient since SC has one temperature (steamy) for eight months of the year.  But I found these last year, and if I wear them with tall shoes, I actually kind of like them.




Shorts - LOFT (last year); Shirt - J.Crew (thrifted); Wedges - Cynthia Rowley for Target; Necklace - Premier; Wrap bracelet - ?? (store in Chas); Yellow bracelet - Handpicked (gift); Bag - Lands End Canvas (gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment