April 6, 2011

Wanderlust Wednesday: Marrakech

I studied abroad in Spain my junior year of college, and my only regret from that time is that I didn't go to Morocco.  It would've been so easy, and relatively cheap since I was already in Spain, but anti-American sentiment was pretty high that year (we spent a lot of time pretending to be Canadian), and I couldn't get a group to take the trip.  Ever since then I've been dreaming of cosmopolitan, romantic Casablanca and the colorful souks of Marrakech.  I've never been to Africa, and Morocco seems like a good way to ease into exploration of that continent.  If (when) I go, Riad L'Orangeraie in Marrakech will be at the top of my list.  It's located in the heart of the Medina, and the rooftop pool and terrace look like a relaxing escape from the overwhelming sights and sounds of the old city.


*Images via Riad L'Orangeraie.

And since it is Morocco, seemingly the birthplace of color, you can't wear neutrals, and as a woman, covering up, even in the heat, is advisable.  I'd go with rolled up white jeans, a patterned tunic, and plenty of bold accessories.


Have any of y'all ever been to Morocco?  I'd love to hear about your trip if you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment