April 8, 2011

Jetset.

If only I looked this chic in the airport...



This editorial from Mango combined with last night's House Hunters International (in Belize, no less) really makes me antsy to get started planning our next vacation.  My best friend D actually does have a getaway coming up (again, to Belize), and she asked for some help finding luggage.  

With baggage fees and the general hassle of checking luggage, my philosophy is that if you're going for 7 days or less, you need to carry on.  (Roll your clothes.  It does amazing things for space in your bag.)  My preferred carry on is a weekender-style bag because you never know when you're going to have to smush something down; you don't want a hard shell.  You also need to pay close attention to dimensions, particularly if you're shopping online, and choose a bag with at least 19 inches of width.


1. adidas by Stella McCartney Tennis Bag - $255.00 via Zappos Couture
2. Jane Marvel Wheeled Duffel - $165.00 via eBags
3. Filson Large Duffel - $320.00
4. Latico Basics Two Pocket Duffel - $209.00 via Endless
5. Latico Heritage Cabin Duffel - $185.00 via Endless
6. Halsea Little Harbor Weekend Bag - $240.00 via Endless

Do any of y'all have fun summer vacations planned?  Leave me your fave getaway spot in the comments.  I need some ideas for our first anniversary trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment