March 29, 2011

Pump It Up.

Unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, I'm sure you know that colorblocking is huge trend this season.  I was trying to create some colorblocked outfits in my closet last night, and I realized that my "nighttime" footwear is sorely lacking in colorful options.  All of my heels are neutral (i.e. work appropriate and bORRRing), and while there is nothing wrong with using a black or nude heel if it works with your outfit, I think that if you're going to go bold with a ton of color, you should definitely carry it all the way down to your shoes a la Camilla Belle.  Even if that's not quite your style, punchy heels are a great way to add a unexpected twist to any outfit - whether it's a dressy look like this, or a more casual outfit like this one.   I'm thinking that I will get the most use out of pink or red, but holy cow, aren't those yellow pumps so gorgeous?  Love.


PS - Anne of The City Sage did a really fun post on colorful casual sandals yesterday that inspired my whole colorblocking crusade in the first place, so make sure you check it out too.  Bright shoes are so in right now - there are tons of ways for you to try out this trend.

PPS - Fashion Week pictures are coming soon, I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment