March 31, 2011

Pretty Patterns.

Alright, so y'all... one of my fashion goals for the year was to be more adventurous with patterns.  I tend to stick with a pattern on the bottom and a solid on top, which is totally fine, but not very exciting.  So this past weekend, inspired by Blair's incredibly cool outfit, I mixed my favorite Tucker for Target floral dress with a (similar) blue and white gingham shirt from J.Crew.  It wasn't quite cold enough to add in the military jacket as well, so I tied up the shirt like this.  And you know what?  No one gaped at me or acted like I was totally insane, and I really liked how the outfit came together.  It might not be the craziest pattern mixing ever, but it's a start, and I felt fabulous, which is all that really matters, right?


Here's how you can try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment