March 3, 2011

Off to the Races.

It's springtime in the South, and that means only one thing: it's racing season.  Uh no, not THAT racing season.  Horse races!  But don't be fooled into thinking that the actual race is main event.  Definitely not.  The hats and the dresses take center stage, so if you go, you better bring your sunniest little dress and your floppiest hat.  And a pair of wedges, because spike heels get stuck in the grass and flats will get your feet muddy.  Trust me on this one.  Anyway, my sweet cousin-in-law (is that a thing?) K requested some outfit ideas, so I put these three together for her.  In general, anything Lilly and/or pink will do, but that's not very creative... SO, hope this helps, K!


First up, pretty florals.  I know, I know... "Florals? For spring?  Ground breaking."  But I just couldn't resist this dress, and I stuck with orange and yellow accessories to keep it current.  No pink.



Even though it's spring, you can never go wrong with black and white.  Add a bright pop of color to keep it interesting.  Again, no pink.


And finally, if you feel like being a little bit less traditional, lose the hat and get your florals by way of a fun, chunky statement necklace instead.  But let's not get too crazy... add in a little pink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment