March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday.

In my love affair with the cities of this world, Charleston is my husband... my one true love, always faithful.  But New Orleans is my new mistress... uninhibited and a little bit wild.  And today is a big day for my mistress.  It's Mardi Gras!  


It's also a big day for me.  I'm starting a job as a contract attorney today.  It's my first job as an actual lawyer, and I'm pretty excited.  However, it does mean that I can't wear this:



Luckily, I brought home some treats from Sucre, and I did manage to slip a little bit of purple and green into my (much more lawyerly) outfit.  If you're lucky enough to be in NOLA today, have fun!  If not, I recommend making yourself a Pimm's Cup (or two), checking out these beautiful photos, and booking yourself a flight for next year.

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment