March 30, 2011

Charleston Fashion Week.

Ok, y'all... I finallllllly finished editing my photos, and honestly, they're not as good as I would've liked, but what can you do.  I'm just a pleb, and I was in the cheap seats.  Nonetheless, I had such a good time at my first ever fashion show, and I can't wait to go back next year (hopefully for more than one night).  


Y'all, when I was wandering around looking for the bathrooms, FERN MALLIS walked right past me.  And no one was paying any attention to her.  I definitely had a total geek out, complete with a little dance, after she walked by.


However, the main attraction was the show itself.  The emerging designers' collections were fabulous and very diverse, and the winner, Charlotte Hess, can do some insanely creative things with yarn.  Watch out for that girl; she's talented.



The model in the gold dress (below) is Ajang Majok, who won the model competition.  And let me tell you, the girl is fierce.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but that is a column dress that only let her take tiny little steps.  It was the final look in Larika Page's collection (last year's winner), and Ajang somehow managed to walk so gracefully in it.  Everyone cheered when she finally made it back through the doorway behind the stage.  


I wish I had a better picture of the gold skirt (also from Larika's collection) because it was my favorite look of the whole night.  It had pockets.  Love.

So anyway, there you have it.  Who wants to go and split a hotel with me next year?  I already decided that I'll be splurging for VIP seats.  Baller.

No comments:

Post a Comment