February 15, 2011

Runway/Real Way: 70s

Jill commented on my post yesterday about her issues with wide-leg jeans, and it got me thinking about how I would wear them as well, so I decided I would style up a look for y'all.  


1. Patterson J. Kincaid Linen Slub Tank - $78.00 via Piperlime
2. Steve Madden Bonndd Wedge Sandal - $69.95 via Endless
3. True Religion Carrie Skinny Knee Wide Leg Flare Jean - $172.00 via Piperlime
4. See by Chloe Boyfriend Cardigan - $295.00 via Net-A-Porter
5. Rebecca Minkoff Rocker Crossbody Bag - $195.00 via Bloomingdale's
6. Topshop Semi Precious Necklace - $30.00

The key to pulling off a 70s-inspired pant is to stick with a flared leg instead of a full-on bellbottom or wide leg.  Unless you're really tall or don't mind wearing 4 inch heels all day, a really big bell is going to make you look stocky.  Most of the cuts that say "flare" have a tighter fit through the thighs and a less pronounced flare at the bottom.  They'll be much more flattering, and you still get the 70s vibe.

Obviously, I had to throw some orange in there, and using accessories is the easiest way to add another pop of color.  I love the turquoise with the orange.  Hurry up, Spring!

So what do y'all think?  Would you wear this?

1 comment:

  1. I like to write the contents of the moderators, welcome to my home to see you ~! My address is: true religion jeans outlet.us.

    ReplyDelete