February 23, 2011

Greetings from New Orleans

Hey y'all, Christy here of Slow Southern Style. I'm pretty excited to be doing this guest post on Penny Loves Charlie, mostly because I will be meeting Lindsey for the first time when she comes to visit New Orleans! If there is one thing I love doing it is sharing my hometown with people, especially fellow Southern Fashion Bloggers. So I'll share with y'all a little slice of my life and my beloved NOLA.


In New Orleans it isn't uncommon to see costumes year 'round, and with Mardi Gras right around the corner there are plenty of fabulous mannequins decked out in their Fat Tuesday best, such as this attractive display that I featured on my weekly Mannequin Monday series.




Of course you'll need a proper wig during carnival time, and the best come from Fifi Mahony's. What other time of year can you get away with fuchsia hair? Oh wait it's NOLA, so that means all the time.




Not feeling down with the crazy clothes? I hear ya. If you're just looking for some great everyday outfits Ah-ha on Magazine Street has got you covered.






New Orleans also has some very talented fashion designers. We're no Big Apple but the Big Easy is a breeding ground for creative types.


Lia Molly is a knitwear label that has been featured in Anthropologie.




Another local favorite is Jolie and Elizabeth, celebrate the South with their latest spring seersucker collection.


Jolie and Elizabeth New Orleans




So as y'all can see there are numerous reasons to come to New Orleans. Sure we've got great live music, food, and art but fashion is coming to the forefront as well. Come and visit anytime you want and laissez les bon temps rouler!

No comments:

Post a Comment