January 24, 2011

Hair Raising.

I am not one of those girls who has naturally great hair.  It's thick, but it's fine, and it has a natural wave that has taken me close to 10 years to learn how to control.  I finally feel like I have it tamed, and I'm comfortable wearing it straight or curly, so I thought I'd share some of my miracle products with you.  (And if you've ever seen any pictures of me in 9th grade, you know I don't use the word "miracle" lightly.)

1. Morrocan Oil - $33.77 (3.4 oz) via Amazon.  I use a small amount on damp hair before blow drying.  It leaves my hair super soft and shiny and really helps with fly aways.  It seems expensive but the bottle will easily last  a year.

2. Goody Spin Pins - $5.99 (for 2) via Target or any drugstore.  These things are awesome.  You just spin one through a bun or updo and it holds.  It's like having 20 bobby pins in one.  I keep one in my purse and it's a life saver on bad hair days.

3. Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Dry Shampoo - $23.00 (5 oz) via Sephora.  One of my big hair issues is that my hair goes flat and gets greasy after one day, which means I used to have to straighten it every day.  This is terrible for my hair and way too time consuming.  This stuff gives me volume, soaks up oil, and doesn't leave any gross white residue.  It's expensive and it does go pretty fast, but it's completely worth the 30 mins of sleep it saves me every other morning.

4. Chi Ceramic 1 inch Flat Iron - $86.99 via Amazon.  Of all the products on this list, this is the ultimate life changer.  I can not tell you how much better I felt about myself when I discovered flat irons in high school.  Seriously.  I had walked around looking like Hermione (in the first book) for all of 9th and 10th grade.  And the Chi is the ultimate in flat irons.  It gets super hot and saves a lot of time over a cheaper version.  Plus this price from Amazon is ridiculously good.  

5. Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream - $24.00 (4 oz) via Sephora.  It took me a long time to find a straightening cream that actually seemed to make a difference.  This one was recommended by the lovely D, and I'm sticking with it.  It doesn't take much and it makes a noticeable difference in frizziness.  I use it on damp hair before blow drying and then I put a tiny amount on my dry hair after I flat iron it, just smooth down any really rebellious pieces.

6. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray - $23.00.  For the longest time, I never wore my hair naturally (i.e. wavy).  Like ever.  Then I realized how much time I could save in the morning by embracing my natural wave.  All I do is towel dry, comb my hair out straight, spritz this a few times, and I'm good to go.  I let it air dry and I get nice beachy waves.  If your hair has a hard time holding waves/curls, try this.  If it still needs help, try it in conjunction with the Remington Airwave, if you can get your hands on one.  (They're sold out on Amazon and at Walmart - but that's because it really works.)

Do you have any miracle hair products in your medicine cabinet?  Please share!

PS - Weekend Warrior will be back next week.  My photography skills this weekend were used up on tomorrow's post, which I am super excited about, so make sure you check back for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment