January 7, 2011

French Twist.

For whatever reason, I feel like a silk scarf is a very French accessory.  Probably because it's elegant and sophisticated, and I always think of Paris when I think of those ideas.  Also, the French gave us Hermes, which is pretty much the end-all-be-all of the scarf world, non?  I have two gorgeous silk scarves in my closet, and yet I never wear them because I don't know how to style them other than tying them awkwardly in a triangle like a midshipman or someone's grandma.  Well, now I've got no excuse, and neither do you, my friend, because here are five super stylish ways to wear a silk scarf.



I mean, hello, knotted scarf necklace.  I can totally do that!  Some of these other styles are perhaps a little more advanced, but luckily Hermes has put together a super cute website with tons of inspirational looks and instructions for tying different knots.  And if you need a pretty little scarf of your own, check out these colorful beauties made by my friend Brinley and her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment