January 31, 2011

Dine In.

Hello, lovelies.  I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.  I wish I could say I did, but it was mostly full of working and studying.  But I have only three weeks left... which means only three weeks and one day until we're in New Orleans, so that's even better!

Luckily my weekend wasn't all work and no play.  I did have time to check out the latest issue of Rue Magazine and it was, of course, filled with all sorts of gorgeous things.  I am particularly smitten with this dining room because Jimmy and I just purchased a glass dining room table back in November.  



Now it's three months later and we're still searching for chairs because our first attempt went rather badly.  (We had to return them twice.  Long story.)  I'm thinking that's going to turn out to be a good thing though, because this inspiration is totally different than what I had picked out before (black leather).  Plus, in the meantime, we got a sideboard from Ikea which is a dark brown wood, so I wouldn't want black chairs anyway.  Last night I did some quick searing for similar (i.e. cheaper) options, and I figured out pretty quickly that fabric chairs are out of our price range.  But I did find some options that stay true to the midcentury aesthetic as well as our budget.  This is what I came up with:



1. Birch Sapling White Plastic Dining Chair - $199.00 via Amazon (Set of 2)
2. CB2 Orbit Arm Chair - $119.00
3. Target Truss Chair - $89.99
4. Retro Classic White Accent Chairs - $179.99 via Overstock (Set of 2)

I like the second option the best.  (Of course I do, it's the most expensive.)  But our table came from CB2 as well, and we have been very impressed with the quality, so maybe it's worth a bit of a splurge.  What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment