January 19, 2011

Accessory After the Fact.

Coco Chanel's famous advice on accessories was that when you think you're finished getting dressed, you should take one thing off.  Now, I don't doubt that the lady knows her stuff, but I kind of have the opposite problem.  Accessories tend to be an after thought for me, but they really can make a so-so outfit into something special.  Lately I've been trying to make an effort to use my accessories to step my outfits up a notch and show off my personality.  These three women really illustrate the point... none of these outfits would be quite the same without the fedora, the glasses, or the scarf, respectively.


*Images via Vanessa Jackman.

I would love to hear how y'all use accessories to spice up your looks.  Do you have a go-to piece?

PS - Sorry for the lame lawyer-y title.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment