December 15, 2010

The Velvet Fog.

George Costanza once said, "I would drape myself in velvet if it was socially acceptable."  If you feel the same way, then it's your lucky day.  I'm here to tell you that velvet IS socially acceptable; I would even go so far as to say it's recommended.  When I was little, my mom always used to dress me in velvet dresses for the annual Christmas pictures.  I put the kabosh on that when I was 12 or so, but my older, wiser self has to admit that she was on to something.  It's the perfect winter fabric - cozy and plush.  I never thought I'd say this, but take a cue from George Costanza and my mom and ensconce yourself in one of these:

1. Closed United Straight Pants - $197.68 via MyTheresa
2. White House/Black Market Bejeweled-Bow Velvet Clutch - $48.00
3. Madewell Velvet Panel Top - $59.99 
4. Rare Opulence Velvet Sequin Dress - $190.00 via Topshop
5. Kate Spade Fling flats - $150.00 via Zappos Couture
6. Wren Mia Navy Velvet Skirt - $198.00 via Les Nouvelles
7. Madewell Velvet Pocket Tee - $42.00
8. ALDO Faler Bow Headband - $11.98

2 comments: