July 14, 2010

Wanderlust Wednesday: South Beach

Woohoo, Wanderlust Wednesday is back!  And with this killer heat here in SC and along most of the Eastern seaboard, I can't imagine going anywhere else but to the beach.  And there is none more stylish than Miami's South Beach.  Since this is my fantasy, obviously I have no budget and I will be staying somewhere ridiculously fabulous: The Tides.  The Art Deco hotel was designed by Kelly Wearstler, who is known for her bold, colorful style.  I love this hotel because it's pretty understated for her (and just plain pretty) but her signature aesthetic still comes through.  There are layers of gorgeous textures and fun, bright colors are tempered by the soothing, sandy background neutrals.  The overall effect is beachy, modern, and soothing.  Hopefully someday I'll be able to rest my pretty little head here in real life.





No comments:

Post a Comment