April 9, 2010

Summer Fabrics: Seersucker.

Seersucker is a classic preppy fave and it makes me happy.  For me, though, I think that it should be worn sparingly.  Seersucker suits are cute on guys, but not so much on girls.  My favorite way to wear it is a bathing suit.


{J.Crew Seersucker bikini - $94.00 for both pieces}

Seersucker blazers are great for summer because the fabric is a great weight when you need to cover up against cool ocean breezes or an air conditioner working overtime.


{Anthropologie Peeking Lace Blazer - $118.00}

I found a pair of seersucker rolled up shorts at J.Crew 2 summers ago and they have been a staple in my summer wardrobe ever since.  They're so cute to throw on with a slouchy tee and flat sandals.


{Fred Flare Cuffed Seersucker Shorts - $34.00}


{Aqua Seersucker Shorts - $58.00}

And finally, what's cuter than a seersucker dress?  This one would be perfect for a summer garden party/wedding.*


{Thread Shiloh Mini-Length - $290}

*Yes, it is technically a bridesmaid dress, but it's cute and no one will know unless you tell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment