January 18, 2010

Golden Globes: The Misses

I have always assumed that if you're a big enough star to be invited to an awards show like the Golden Globes, then you're a big enough star to have your own stylist, so I just don't understand how these dresses made it out of the house.  Here are some of the worst looks of the night:


Seriously, Tina Fey?  Is this a joke?  Even the shoes don't make any sense.  Just NO.

I understand that this might be a controversial choice, as some people liked this look.  I also understand that it's Chloe Sevigny and she's all edgy and fashion forward, but sometimes, she's also just plain fugly.  And I personally think this looks like she sewed her dust ruffle to her matching nightgown, but that's just me.

I don't have much to say about this one.  I like this dress, in theory, just not on Elizabeth Moss.  It looks messy with those little sleeves hanging  and the color totally washes her out.

Are those sea urchins?  They look sharp (in a you-might-slice-your-hand-open-if-you-touch-it kind of way, not in a my-you-look-nice-tonight kind of way).  I don't even mind the one on her shoulder so much, but the one on her hip has got to go.

Emily Blunt's Dolce & Gabbana isn't bad, really, but something about it on her just seems off.  I would've preferred a necklace over those chunky cuffs.  Also, would it kill her to smile?  Emily, you're at the Golden Globes, you're nominated for an award, and you're engaged to Jim Halpert.  Perk up.

Clearly, the lovely and always gorgeous Josh Jackson is the best part of this picture because Diane Kruger's Christian Lacroix is just not doing it for me.  I hate the white bow and why is her hair so slicked back?  The whole thing makes her look much older than she actually is.

As Kate Winslet and Lea Michele proved, black done right can be elegant and fun.  But Heather Graham's black Elie Saab is a definite "no" for me.  The top looks off center and I can't figure out what those little drapey folds behind her knees are for.  And again, the severe hair style isn't doing her any favors.  And last but not least...

Mariah, just because its long and black does not make it classy.  That thing is so tight I'm surprised she didn't pass out from a lack of oxygen.


*All images from Getty via Jezebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment