January 19, 2010

Asheville.

This weekend J and I decided to take a little day trip to the mountains.  I went to summer camp in Asheville when I was younger and ever since then it's been one of my favorite cities.  I didn't have time to show J everything I wanted him to see so I guess we'll just have to come back in a few months when it's warmer (and greener)!


We started off just wandering around Biltmore Village where we found this fun hotel:



For some reason, I just love this chandelier even though I know it's kind of weird.  Whatev.

Then we went to lunch at La Paz, one of my favorite Asheville restaurants, for some fried Mexican goodness.




After lunch we headed over to the Biltmore.  Sadly, they don't let you take pictures inside but the outside is so spectacular, it almost doesn't matter.  (Side note: If you go, get the audio guide.  Money well spent.)






After wandering through the house for a few hours, we finished our day by heading over to the Biltmore winery for a free tasting and tour.  It's included in the cost of your ticket to the house.  How great is that? We ended up bringing home a bottle of Sangiovese (my fave) and a Limited Release Sauvignon Blanc.  Can't wait to drink them!




No comments:

Post a Comment